Antrim Civic Offices
- Project Category: Offices
- Project Name: Antrim Civic Offices
- Client: Antrim Borough Council
- Location: 50 Stiles Way, Antrim Civic Centre, Antrim, BT41 2UB, N.I.
- Architect: WDR & RT Taggart Ltd
The construction of a new two storey Civic office building is complete with basement and plant room storage areas in the roof space.
The new Antrim Civic Centre is on an extensively landscaped Greenfield site.
The building includes administrative offices, for 115 people, various cellular offices, meeting rooms, conference facilities, restaurant and Council debating chamber.
The spacious buildings’ main features are:
- Natural granite clad exterior
- Sharp zinc detailing interspaced with full height glazing between floors
- Reinforcement concrete basement and central core
- Structural steel frame in two administrative wings of the building.
In 2006 O’Hare & McGovern received recognition for constructing the new Antrim Civic Offices, and was awarded the User Friendly Access award by the William Keown Trust.
The building also obtained the ALCI Award for the Best Commercial Landscape in Northern Ireland 2007.
Antrim Civic Centre was purpose built as Council offices and conferencing facilities and is finished to an excellent standard. The available office accommodation is located on the first floor and is finished to include:
- Carpeted floors
- Plastered and painted walls
- Suspended ceilings with incorporated fluorescent strip lighting
- Floor to ceiling windows providing excellent natural light.
The property benefits from approximately 230 on site car parking spaces and IT facilities.
The spacious and impressive building offers an excellent range of conference and meeting rooms and is an ideal venue for groups and businesses seeking high quality facilities and service.
- ALCI Award for the Best Commercial Landscape in Northern Ireland 2007
- 2006 User Friendly Access award by the William Keown Trust
- 2 story office building for 115 employees
- Extensively landscaped greenfield site
- Cellular offices
- Meeting rooms
- Conference facilities
- Council debating chamber
- 230 Car parking spaces.
O'Hare & McGovern deliver landmark civic centre for Antrim Northern builder magazine Issue 1, Volume 17