Aura Drogheda Leisure Centre
- Project Category: Sports and Leisure
- Project Name: Aura Drogheda Leisure Centre
- Client: Drogheda Borough Council
- Location: Marley's Ln, Drogheda, Co. Louth, Ireland
- Architect: Newenham Mulligan & Associates
The Drogheda swimming pool and sports complex at Marley’s Lane, Co-Louth was constructed under traditional procurement.
The development consisted of a new swimming pool and leisure complex of a 2,350m² GIFA including a pool hall with 25m 5 lane main pool, learner pool, toddler pool and spectator seating; entrance area including reception and a small vending and seating area; communal changing village with associated showers, toilets and lockers; health spa with sauna, steam room and spa pool; fitness suite with gym, aerobics studio and dedicated ‘dry’ changing area; administration includes ticket desk, cash office, poolside office/first aid area, staff facilities and managers office; associated plant, storage and ancillary spaces.
The external works and landscaping includes coach and car drop off areas, car parking, accessible parking, service yard, planting and new perimeter fencing.
At the Drogheda Leisure Centre we achieved an excellent quality concrete finish to the pool and basement areas. This high quality project required detailed site co-ordination of the Glulam Beams and access for the installation of 6m stainless steel beams.
- Excellent quality concrete finish to the pool & basement areas
- 25m pool with learner pool & children’s pool
- Fitness Studio x 2
- Changing areas
- Reception area
- Gym with Health Spa
- Sauna & steam room for gym suite
- Sauna, Jacuzzi & steam room for pool area
- Coach & car drop off areas, car parking, accessible parking, service yard, planting & new perimeter fencing.