Ballymakenny Post Primary School
- Project Category: Secondary
- Project Name: Ballymakenny Post Primary School
- Client: Louth County Council & Louth Meath Education Training Board & Educate Together
- Location: Aston Village ETNS, Dunlin St, Aston Village, Drogheda, Co. Louth
- Architect: Coady Partnership Architects
O’Hare & McGovern constructed the 3 storey Post Primary School complete with all ancillary works on the live campus site of approx. 4.3 hectares. The new high-tech school accommodates 1,000 pupils.
The greenfield site is shared with a two storey Primary School which remained in operation throughout the duration of the works. The site also featured an existing car park for 92 cars, set down for 13 cars and 1 bus and full boundary railings to the west along the Ballymakenny road.
Site works included an extension of the existing set down area, complete wearing course of approx. half of the existing car park, extension of the car parking for an additional 30 spaces and 6 new hard play areas and a sports field.
Off-site works included the extension of the existing outbound cycle lane on the western side of Ballymakenny Road, a new toucan crossing on the Ballymakenny Road, recessing the existing in-bound entrance gates and providing additional boundary enclosures to secure all remaining open boundaries to the south and west of the site.
The new state of the art school building is fully WiFi enabled, allowing Information and Communications Technology to be integrated into all learning environments. This facility is used as a learning tool and to link school, home and the local and global community. The school also features a full size gymnasium, fitness suite and special education needs suite.
We provided temporary accommodation at Aston Village ETNS for teaching facilities to continue during construction works.
- 3 storey Post Primary School
- High-tech WiFi enabled school
- Accommodates 1,000 pupils
- Live campus site with adjacent site
- Full size gymnasium
- Fitness suite
- Special education needs suite
- Temporary teaching facilities provided
- New car park
- Cycle lane, toucan crossing with new access routes