Belfast Harbour Film Studio
- Project Category: Commercial
- Project Name: Belfast Harbour Film Studio
- Client: Belfast Harbour
- Location: Dargan Road, Belfast, BT15 9LZ
- Architect: RPP Architects
The development of the Belfast Harbour Film Studios seeks to capitalise on Northern Irelands growing reputation in the film industry enhancing economic infrastructure and attract inward investment.
The project has provided the stimulus for the overall 340 acre Giants Park redevelopment which is located on the North Foreshore site bound by the Belfast hills and the shores of Belfast Lough.
The site is a former landfill which O’Hare & McGovern has transformed into the largest development site in the city. The Film Studios features over 120,000sq ft of studio space, workshops and offices and takes up approximately 8 acres.
The Production Offices offer purpose built facilities for up to 450 production and ancillary staff. The development also offers two detached workshop facilities at 11,080sq ft each which can be subdivided to suit individual Client requirements.
- Installation of over 20,000m of precast piles
- 2 sound proof film studios and office space totalling 64,000sq ft.
- 2 Workshop spaces at 11,080sq ft each
- 36,000sq ft of purpose-built production office space.
- Occupied by global film companies including Warner Bros
- Extensive works to the Protected Wildlife Area