Castlecourt Shopping Centre Office Refurbishment
- Project Category: Offices
- Project Name: Castlecourt Shopping Centre Office Refurbishment
- Client: The Department of Finance & Personnel NI
- Location: Royal Avenue, Belfast, BT1 1DD
- Architect: Isherwood & Ellis
The Project is for the provision of modern open plan office accommodation to Levels 2, 3 and 5 at Castlecourt in a phased programme. The ‘Gross Internal Floor Area’ within the scope of the contract is approximately:
- Phase 1: Fifth Floor = 1,766m2
- Phase 2: Third Floor = 3,169m2
- Phase 3: Second Floor = 2,566m2
- Phase 3A: Second Floor = 361m2
The demolitions works include stripping out suspended ceilings, floor finishes, 2nd fix joinery, doors, screens, partitions, window blinds, mechanical and electrical installations including circuits, data cabling, cover plates, spine trunking, ventilation ducting, radiators and associated pipe-work.
The building works include installation of suspended ceilings, laying of client supplied floor finishes, 2nd fix joinery, doors, screens, including timber feature walls, partitions to form new offices, and meeting rooms, general decoration and a new boiler house on roof.
The mechanical installations include a new heating and cooling VRF system connecting into existing roof mounted Air handling units (AHU’s), on roof, wall mounted radiators, plumbing installation, bespoke control systems in support of ventilation and a new domestic water supply.
The electrical installations include power distribution, containment, small power, lighting, lighting protection, fire detection and PA and DDA systems (induction loops).
Click here to view the latest newsletter for the Castlecourt office refurbishment project.
- Very Good BREEAM rating
- Design & Build contract
- Extensive refurbishment to modern office standards
- Phased programme
- Live site
- Complex M&E services coordination & installation
- NEC3 Option C Contract