Environment & Sustainability
O’Hare & McGovern Ltd are accredited to ISO 14001 and have established, implemented and maintained an effective Environmental Management System, which covers all aspects of the Company’s activities. This system is in use throughout the Company and has been developed to best suit effective control of all aspects of construction work.
We are committed to the environmental principals of continual improvement, legal compliance and pollution prevention, and will endeavour to achieve these aims by:
- Keeping sites clean and tidy whenever possible
- Encouraging good community relations
- Minimising noise, odour, dust or traffic nuisance to local people or the environment
- Preventing mud or grit build up on local roads
- Readily responding to environmental complaints
- Preventing damage to surrounding natural habitats or historical features.
- Preventing contamination to soils or waters
- Minimising the use of fuel, electricity and any other non-renewable resources
- Segregating major waste streams and investigating opportunities for prevention or recycling
- Promoting environmental understanding of all employees and contractors
- Ensuring that employees and contractors understand our legal and other requirements
- Setting and monitoring relevant environmental objectives and key performance indicators