Olympia Leisure Centre
- Project Category: Sports and Leisure
- Project Name: Olympia Leisure Centre
- Client: Belfast City Council
- Location: Boucher Road, Belfast, County Antrim BT12 6HR, N.I.
- Architect: Hamilton Architects
Construction began in early 2015 for the newest leisure centre as part of the National Football Stadium at Windsor Park. This facility will replace Olympia Leisure Centre and will be incorporated within the West Stand of the new Windsor Park Stadium development.
Works also includes the removal of the caged walkway that leads to the stadium which will be replaced by a tree lined boulevard which also includes a new play space, target zone and a new 3G pitch. The new Centre will feature enhanced leisure facilities for the local community and will include a pool, learner pool, cafe, health and fitness suites, sports hall, spin studio, multi-purpose room and ancillary accommodation.
The leisure and community centres will remain open until the new centre is ready, though the existing play space will become unavailable once the centre opens to allow for the next stage to begin.
- Leisure facility incorporated within the West Stand of Windsor Park Stadium
- Live, restricted site
- Adjacent to local businesses
- Demolition works
- Site adjoining Windsor Park Stadium which is under construction
- Facilities include; 3G pitch, two swimming pools, café, health & fitness suites, studios & ancillary accommodation
- Features a basement
- Site works & drainage
- Landscape works including tree lined boulevard
- Community Hub