Parkhall Integrated College
- Project Category: Current Projects
- Project Name: Parkhall Integrated College
- Client: Education Authority – North Eastern Region
- Location: 12 Steeple Rd, Antrim, Co. Antrim, BT41 1AF, N.I.
- Architect: Building Design Partnership
Work is underway on a new school building for Parkhall Integrated College.
The new building will provide purpose built state of the art accommodation for 735 pupils, replacing the outdated accommodation on site.
The school will house Parkhall Junior and Senior School and will be co-located alongside Antrim Grammar and Steeple Nursery School.
Works include the demolition of the existing Parkhall School building, the provision of a new two storey school on the site of the existing Parkhall playing fields, replacing playing fields which includes two football and one rugby pitch) with the development of a new synthetic pitch and five new tennis courts.
The project, funded through the Department of Education’s Capital build programme, will see pupils being educated in a new purpose built two storey school on the single site at Steeple Road.
- Integrated school
- Accommodates 735 pupils
- Demolition works
- Live, restricted site
- 55 classrooms
- First class recreational facilities with synthetic pitch
- State of the art dining facilities
- Youth wing & community facilities
- Clear entrance & presence to Steeple Road
- Safe routes for pedestrians & vehicles with parking for all 3 schools on site