- Project Category: Residential
- Project Name: Tinto Drive
- Client: Falkirk Council
- Location: Tinto Dr, Grangemouth, Falkirk, FK3, Scotland
- Architect: Falkirk Council
The project involved the design and construction of 56 affordable residential units on a brown field site delivered under the Code for Sustainable Homes Level 3 initiative. The dwellings comply with the Secured by Design and Lifetime Homes Criteria.
The units comprised of 36nr are two-bedroom ground floor and first floor flats, 12 are three/four bedroom villas and eight are three/four bedroom ground and first floor flats.
The site was on a former School’s which had been relocated across the road. We implemented a safe pedestrian management system which kept the public footpath open during the work. We also relocated a bus stop and nearby gas line which ran through out site which involved extensive services coordination delivered by our in house M&E services coordinator.
As the works were carried out on a brownfield site the decontamination of soils was conducted with other extensive ground works to provide new access routes, pavements, garden areas and pedestrian pathways.
Due to the fact the site was adjacent to 2 live schools and within a residential area an environmental management plan was implemented with a community liaison officer employed to ensure resident liaison services were provided throughout construction works.
- 56 Units
- Contaminated soil
- Restricted site adjacent to schools & local residents
- Code for Sustainable Homes Level 3
- Energy efficent homes; solar panels & MVHR sustainable technologies
- Sub-structure including ground floor slab
- Timber frame
- Air tightness testing
- New access routes with paths, pavements & garden areas developed
- Considerate Constructors Scheme